Saturday, April 5, 2025

Rockstar never released this Grand Theft Auto game

There's a new Grand Theft Auto on the way. But some of what Rockstar already has lying around will never materialize.

It was developed and made ready for publication.

But still, a special expansion for Grand Theft Auto will never materialize – another idea from game developer Rockstar's people.

This is written by Top Gear on the basis of a live stream broadcast with the voice actors in the game Stephen Ogg, Shawn Fonteno and Ned Luke

The expansion – which is also called a DLC 'downloadable content' – gave the character 'Tervor' a James Bond-like story.

READ ALSO: 70,000 have ordered a car that doesn't exist yet

– That was the original plan, I think. But then GTA Online picked up speed, says Ned Luke, who voices the character Michael De Santa in GTA 5.

The three agree that there should have been more individual stories that the GTA players could play their way through. But that Rockstar's developers let it lie and 'forgot all about it' when the online part of the GTA game became dominant.

And according to Top Gear, there is something about. At the same time that Rockstar told the world about 'GTA Online' in December 2013, the game developer said that there were 'updates to the game's story' on the way.

The latter never materialized. And it was feared by many that a successor to Grand Theft Auto 5 would not be either. That was until leaked footage from the development work started appearing online.

On December 6 last year, Rockstar then published the first official trailer for the next GTA game. Later that month, an 18-year-old man was sentenced to life in prison for his role in the leak. Read more about it here .

Read more exciting news from and about the world of cars right here!

Latest

Don't miss

Owner in shock: Battery for electric Mercedes costs 350,000

A Mercedes owner has been shocked after being presented...

The world's most used Bugatti Veyron can be yours

Apart from Bugatti's own test cars, we have not...

Stung by Mercedes – car brands face billions in fines

Mercedes will avoid paying their share of a billion-dollar...

The first Tesla Model Y Juniper has already been smashed

Traffic accidents happen. Even for brand new cars. Tesla...

Tesla crisis: Should Tom Zhu replace Elon Musk as CEO?

Falling shares, vandalism and criticism have investors demanding new...
Boosted Magazine
Boosted Magazine
Boosted in Denmark has over a million unique users, surpassing two million sessions, and accumulating over seven million page views each month, and our platforms has become a hub for automotive enthusiasts. Now you can enjoy our content in English too! Enjoy our free car news - every day. Want to talk to us? Write an email to boosted@boostedmagazine.com
spot_img

Controversial repair shop chain loses 12 million

Skorstensgaard, which has been in the media spotlight for suspicious business practices on several occasions, has been in deficit for the fourth year in...

The battery in every fourth Danish car is too bad

New figures from the company Carly show that every fourth Danish car is driving around with a battery that is in poor or even...

He bought the world's last Golf GTI with a manual transmission

Cars with manual transmissions are, in the eyes of many, a dying breed. And now Volkswagen has built the latest Golf GTI. The last...

VW's BMW with W10 engine has received license plates

A few years ago, we wrote here at Boosted about Volkswagen's secret W10 project with a BMW E39 M5. Now the car has been...

Tax Minister on new rules for car taxes – this is how it will be

New rules need to be put on the table. At least when it comes to car dealers' tax settlements with the state, says Tax...

Important Tesla number is the worst in 3 years

Analysts had expected Tesla to deliver at least 370,000 cars in the first quarter of 2025. That is far from the case, the car...

Won Porsche and 340,000 DKK – now the car is completely damaged

The joy only lasted a few months for a man from Nevada, USA, who won a Porsche 911 GT3 RS and $50,000. Now the...

Motoring scandal costs Ulrik Linnemann European Championship points – and money!

Ulrik Linnemann lost both important points and money in Portugal – now he is fighting to save the season . A burnt engine proved...

The hyped electric car has lost over 50 percent of its value

Rimac Nevera has set several world records. And all at once. But the owners are now suffering huge losses in value. The owners of...

31 percent of Danes will never buy a Tesla

Just a few months ago, 8 percent of Danes said they would not buy a Tesla, that number has now grown to 31.8 percent....

Volkswagen panics – stops immediately

Volkswagen is immediately halting the delivery of all cars for import into the United States. This comes after the government's new tariff wall takes...

124-year-old auto giant lays off every sixth employee

German Webasto, which makes its living by making heaters for cars, is now set to embark on a major round of layoffs. Reportedly, this...