Saturday, April 5, 2025

Leaving million-dollar salary – car boss resigns immediately

After 5 years at the helm of Seat and Cupra, the brands' CEO Wayne Griffiths has stated that he wants to leave the position immediately.

After 5 years, Wayne Griffiths has said goodbye to the position as director of Seat and Cupra with immediate effect.

This was announced by the VW-owned Spanish brands in a press release .

Further information is scarce. But Wayne Griffiths, who has received millions in salary every year to lead Seat/Cupra, is already a thing of the past for the brands.

His last day of work was Monday, March 31st.

In the press release, Seat writes that Griffiths has "decided to leave the company at his own request on March 31st because he wants to pursue new challenges."

Seat boss has 'chosen to resign himself'

Manchester-born Griffiths became CEO of Seat and Cupra in October 2020, taking over the top job after leading the companies' sales and marketing teams since 2016. Before that, he held several senior positions at Audi.

Seat isn't the only car brand facing a major shake-up these days. On Monday, Volvo Cars decided to fire its CEO with immediate effect. Read more about it here .

Griffiths' choke exit is announced just a few weeks after he was busy telling various journalists that 'the role as top SEAT boss is and was his destiny'

When asked if he would continue in his position after 2030, when Cupra plans to launch itself in the US, Griffiths said he was more than ready to 'go all in'.

When he spoke to journalists at Seat and Cupra's annual media conference as recently as earlier in March, it was revealed that:

-I've always said that this company is my destiny, I'm all in, and that until the end of my career.

– How much of it I can decide, or how much of it is determined for me, you never know when you are at the top of a company.

– But for me personally, this is my dream job, I have no other plans, and as long as we are successful and we deliver, we will continue.

– And I would love to be involved when we launch the Cupra brand in the US.

– It depends on me whether Cupra/Seat is more successful in the next decade. And that is what I will focus on for the next while.

Seat has confirmed that Markus Haupt, current head of production and logistics in the Spanish part of the VW Group, will take over as interim leader, while the rest of the management and the board of directors look for a more permanent replacement.

There is currently no word on whether Griffiths has accepted another job or whether he will remain with the Volkswagen Group, for which he has worked since 1989.

Latest

Don't miss

Toyota rages over Nissan – "I'm so disappointed"

Toyota's former director and current chairman Akio Toyoda doesn't...

Car giant faces loss of 75 percent of profits

Stellantis, the world's fourth largest car group, risks losing...

Media: He replaces Jeremy Clarkson in the Grand Tour

The Grand Tour is being revived, even though neither...

Police are on the lookout after a new attack on Tesla

Police in Germany are without conclusive evidence after a...

Donald Trump pardons CEO of bankrupt car brand

Nikola Motors is no more. The brand went bankrupt...
Boosted Magazine
Boosted Magazine
Boosted in Denmark has over a million unique users, surpassing two million sessions, and accumulating over seven million page views each month, and our platforms has become a hub for automotive enthusiasts. Now you can enjoy our content in English too! Enjoy our free car news - every day. Want to talk to us? Write an email to boosted@boostedmagazine.com
spot_img

Ford recalls over 4,000 flammable gasoline vehicles

Ford is now recalling over 4,000 gasoline cars because they are equipped with the brand's 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine, which is flammable. Ford is...

Desperate Audi? Selling Le Mans car with V12 diesel engine

Audi is short of money. And now they are trying to make their motorsport division, Audi Sport, pay the price by selling off legendary...

Volvo flees to the US – could lay off thousands of employees

Volvo is now moving larger parts of its production to the US due to fears of the country's new tariffs. But it will take...

4,500 employees to be laid off – car brands stop production

The car group Stellantis is halting production at a number of factories in both Canada and Mexico. This means that 4,500 people will be...

Nobody wants a new Volvo – has sold 33 cars

Volvo's biggest car ever is also the biggest disappointment for the car brand in a very long time. Only 33 new LM90s were produced...

Wants to go to Denmark – crisis-stricken car brand fires director

The low-cost brand Onvo, which is aiming for a European and thus Danish launch, is doing so poorly at home in China that the...

Lamborghini is scrap after 83 kilometers – can you see the mistake?

This Lamborghini Urus only has a short 83 kilometers. Yet it is for scrapping. In fact, the fault is so severe that the car...

Polestar 2 is permanently withdrawn – disappears completely

The US's 25 percent tariff on all imported cars is now causing Polestar to permanently withdraw the Polestar 2 model from the American model...

Rimac wants to buy Porsche for 7 billion kroner

Croatian Rimac is considering buying Porsche's 45 percent stake in Bugatti Rimac. This would give the Croatians full control of Bugatti. Rimac has reportedly...

Danish car importer has expelled its former director

One of Denmark's smallest car importers, RSA Denmark, is now shedding light on why the country manager suddenly left his position back in September...

Controversial repair shop chain loses 12 million

Skorstensgaard, which has been in the media spotlight for suspicious business practices on several occasions, has been in deficit for the fourth year in...

The battery in every fourth Danish car is too bad

New figures from the company Carly show that every fourth Danish car is driving around with a battery that is in poor or even...