Thursday, April 3, 2025

Formula 1 boss threatened Kevin Magnussen rival

The former boss of Aston Martin's Formula 1 team, Otmar Szafnauer, now admits that he threatened Kevin Magnussen's replacement at Haas.

The noise is loud in Formula 1. Especially in the garages. Now the former and Aston Martin team boss, Otmar Szafnauer, admits that he threatened Kevin Magnussen's replacement at Haas already in 2017.

At the time, Esteban Ocon drove for Force India, the current Aston Martin, where Otmar Szafnauer was employed as team manager.

There was a crunch in the relationship between Ocon and current Red Bull driver Sergio Perez. So much so, in fact, that the two clashed on the Spa track in Belgium in 2017.

This is written by Formelaustria.at .

READ ALSO: Car brand is ready to withdraw from Formula 1

And that did not go down well with the team manager. In fact, Otmar Szafnauer had more than enough of the fights the team's two cocks fought against each other on the pitch.

– I asked them both to come into my office, where I told them that their behavior was completely unacceptable.

– I threatened them that if their behavior changed immediately, I would break the Parc Ferme rules for cars just to make them start the next lob five places apart, says Szafnauer.

The conversation between the three, which was probably mostly a monologue on the part of the team manager, also had quite practical consequences. Ocon and Perez were banned from racing against each other for the rest of the 2017 season.

Sergio Perez was later fired from Force India/Racing Point in 2020. However, the team had already parted ways with Esteban Ocon at the end of 2018. Someone the French racing choir later admitted caused him to break down in tears in a parking lot.

Today, it seems that Ocon will continue in the sport, while Danish Kevin Magnussen is currently without a seat after the 2024 season. However, the 31-year-old Dane has emphasized that he is looking for a new seat in Formula 1.

Read more exciting news from and about the world of motorsport right here!

Latest

Don't miss

Donald Trump rule causes Volvo to plummet

After Donald Trump said on Wednesday night Danish time...

Only 3 percent of new cars in Denmark run on diesel

Since Volkswagen ruined the reputation of diesel cars with...

70,000 drivers have ordered a car that doesn't exist

The Aito M8 is a new car from a...

Warning to drivers: Be especially careful on Sundays

On Sunday, Denmark switches back to daylight saving time....

Huawei unveils wild charger: Charge in just 2.4 minutes

Huawei is introducing a fast charger that can potentially...
Boosted Magazine
Boosted Magazine
Boosted in Denmark has over a million unique users, surpassing two million sessions, and accumulating over seven million page views each month, and our platforms has become a hub for automotive enthusiasts. Now you can enjoy our content in English too! Enjoy our free car news - every day. Want to talk to us? Write an email to boosted@boostedmagazine.com
spot_img

Elon Musk leaves the White House – will return to Tesla

The dialogue between Elon Musk and Donald Trump appears to be over. At least the closest one. The Doge division, which the billionaire heads,...

Tax Minister: Advantage of removing registration tax

Tax Minister Rasmus Stoklund (S) now acknowledges that it is an advantage to remove the registration tax on electric cars. The question is whether...

Only 3 percent of new cars in Denmark run on diesel

Since Volkswagen ruined the reputation of diesel cars with dieselgate, sales of diesel cars have plummeted, and are now down to 3 percent in...

Volkswagen ID.7 drops 67,000 kroner in price

Volkswagen is now trying to boost sales of the electric Passat, ID.7, by reducing the price by a whopping 67,000 kroner in the Netherlands....

New Schumacher? Ferrari signs contract with 13-year-old boy

They are getting younger and younger. Also in motorsport, where Ferrari's Formula 1 team believes so much in Englishman Noah Baglin that the brand...

17 cars burned down at Tesla dealership in Rome

Police in the Italian capital Rome are investigating a fire that destroyed 17 Tesla cars. Drone footage shows the destroyed cars. On Monday night,...

New test debunks long-standing myth about electric cars

It's a myth that electric cars are always the cheapest. Yet many drivers believe that driving on electricity is almost free compared to gasoline....

Tesla crisis: Should Tom Zhu replace Elon Musk as CEO?

Falling shares, vandalism and criticism have investors demanding new Tesla leadership. Tom Zhu from Tesla in China is now mentioned as a realistic candidate....

Battle for electric car customers: Get a free car wash when you charge your electric car

New campaign from Uno-X and Plugsurfing will reward electric car drivers in Denmark with a free car wash after charging 75 kWh. Charge your...

Wants to go to Denmark – car brand plummets after fatal accident

Chinese Xiaomi plans to sell its cars in Europe, including Denmark. However, a violent fatal accident has caused the brand's stock to plummet. Xiaomi's...

How expensive is a service for the Mercedes-AMG One?

The Formula 1 car with license plates is not a cheap pleasure. A service of the Mercedes-AMG One alone will ruin most fatal drivers....

Famous car crash results in prison sentences for two Volvo owners

The so-called Thursday meeting at the port of Roskilde is now leading to prison sentences for reckless driving for two Volvo owners. And even...