Sunday, April 6, 2025

BMW demands that electric cars get their own lane on the motorway

BMW prefers that the electric cars get their own lane on the motorway. It should make more people choose one, says production manager Milan Nedeljković.

Various governments are not the only ones who believe that people in electric cars should be supported. BMW thinks so too.

In fact, the brand's production manager, Milan Nedeljković, is ready to go so far for people in electric cars that he is now making several controversial proposals on behalf of the German brand.

This comes out in an interview that he has given to the media Münchner Merkur .

– For example, privileged access to city centres, free parking or a special lane on the motorway.

READ ALSO: Engine dead from fault says FDM – Citroën refuses to help Eva

– If you are constantly overtaken by electric cars when you are stuck in a traffic jam, many would certainly consider switching to an electric car, says Nedeljković.

The statements should not just be seen as an expression that BMW wants to sell more electric cars. The brand from Munich is directly forced to do so from 1 January 2025. At least if they want to avoid stalls from the EU.

Next year, the EU is tightening the requirements for the total amount of CO2 that car brands' model programs must emit. And BMW is not entirely satisfied with that.

In fact, Nedeljković's top boss, Oliver Zipse, has already said that BMW should be allowed to pollute more. Volkswagen thinks the same in other respects. Read more about it here .

Back at BMW, Nedeljković believes that his proposal is an alternative to the EU's planned ban on the internal combustion engine. Something he – in common with the other BMW managers – already does not give much for.

However, the production manager's idea is not new. In fact, the German government rejected exactly the same measure a year ago. That is, with the difference that the special track on the motorway should also be used by the collective bus traffic.

BMW – or as mentioned Volkswagen – are not the only ones feeling the pressure in the car industry. On the contrary, a larger bloodbath is underway, to which several companies have already fallen.

The wheel company BBS faces its 5th bankruptcy in the company's history, Recaro is heading in the same direction. And the Chinese car brand HiPhi announced last week that after not building cars since last year, it is bowing out. Read more about it here .

Read more exciting news from and about the world of cars right here!

Latest

Don't miss

Disappeared in Denmark – now they have lost 6 billion

Nio, which last year fired its Danish CEO and...

4,500 employees to be laid off – car brands stop production

The car group Stellantis is halting production at a...

Toyota rages over Nissan – "I'm so disappointed"

Toyota's former director and current chairman Akio Toyoda doesn't...

Trialled in Denmark – Sweden says no to new car tax

There will be no mileage tax in Sweden, not...

Stung by Mercedes – car brands face billions in fines

Mercedes will avoid paying their share of a billion-dollar...
Boosted Magazine
Boosted Magazine
Boosted in Denmark has over a million unique users, surpassing two million sessions, and accumulating over seven million page views each month, and our platforms has become a hub for automotive enthusiasts. Now you can enjoy our content in English too! Enjoy our free car news - every day. Want to talk to us? Write an email to boosted@boostedmagazine.com
spot_img

McLaren ready to drop special status in the automotive industry

Under director Nick Collins, McLaren will transform itself. With capital from Abu Dhabi, the brand will become a broader luxury brand with more car...

Unexpected method forces drivers to drive slowly

It looks so strange that the authorities have had to assure that it's not an April Fool's joke with the twisted stripes on the...

Volvo receives criticism: Diesel ban may have cost 70 percent

Aktiespararna questions Volvo's focus on electric cars after another major share price drop. Was the decision to drop diesel cars premature in light of...

Ford recalls over 4,000 flammable gasoline vehicles

Ford is now recalling over 4,000 gasoline cars because they are equipped with the brand's 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine, which is flammable. Ford is...

Desperate Audi? Selling Le Mans car with V12 diesel engine

Audi is short of money. And now they are trying to make their motorsport division, Audi Sport, pay the price by selling off legendary...

Volvo flees to the US – could lay off thousands of employees

Volvo is now moving larger parts of its production to the US due to fears of the country's new tariffs. But it will take...

4,500 employees to be laid off – car brands stop production

The car group Stellantis is halting production at a number of factories in both Canada and Mexico. This means that 4,500 people will be...

Nobody wants a new Volvo – has sold 33 cars

Volvo's biggest car ever is also the biggest disappointment for the car brand in a very long time. Only 33 new LM90s were produced...

Wants to go to Denmark – crisis-stricken car brand fires director

The low-cost brand Onvo, which is aiming for a European and thus Danish launch, is doing so poorly at home in China that the...

Lamborghini is scrap after 83 kilometers – can you see the mistake?

This Lamborghini Urus only has a short 83 kilometers. Yet it is for scrapping. In fact, the fault is so severe that the car...

Polestar 2 is permanently withdrawn – disappears completely

The US's 25 percent tariff on all imported cars is now causing Polestar to permanently withdraw the Polestar 2 model from the American model...

Rimac wants to buy Porsche for 7 billion kroner

Croatian Rimac is considering buying Porsche's 45 percent stake in Bugatti Rimac. This would give the Croatians full control of Bugatti. Rimac has reportedly...