Sunday, April 6, 2025

Now Ford also regrets – will not only build electric cars in 2030

Ford is just the latest in a long line of car brands to undo previously ambitious goals to build only electric cars by 2030.

We don't have to go back any further than February 2021 to find a Ford that was adamant that it was done with the internal combustion engine.

Or at least almost. Ford would thus only sell pure electric cars in Europe by 2030, they said. But now the pipe has a completely different sound.

That's what Automotive News writes.

Martin Sander, who is the general manager of Ford in Europe, says that the internal combustion engine will be carried into the next decade.

READ ALSO: Skoda defies ban – will build petrol cars after 2035

– If we see a strong demand for, for example, hybrid cars, we will build them, Sander said at the Financial Times' Future of the Car event in London this week.

The same Martin Sander admits that the demand for electric cars has not been what Ford had anticipated.

The increasingly weak demand has already had consequences. Ford not only loses millions of kroner on every electric car the brand builds. There must also be a sharp cut in production.

On the other hand, in April, Ford was able to announce to the public that in this way, in the first instance, rounds of layoffs are avoided. This is in stark contrast to the competitors' moves.

In the same month, Tesla fired 10 percent of all employees globally. And the crisis-stricken Fisker, whose Austrian division has voluntarily sought bankruptcy protection, has notified all employees that they will be fired. Read more about it here .

Back at Ford, the new announcement harmonizes clearly better with managing director Jim Farley's recent announcement that the car brand 'will always have a V8 engine on the programme'. If we are to be the last with it, the director said.

Conversely, when it comes to diesel and petrol cars, the Ford model range is looking thinner and thinner. The Focus is living on borrowed time until 2025, the Fiesta and Mondeo have already been scrapped. The same is the case for both S-Max and Galaxy.

Read more exciting news from and about the world of cars right here!

Latest

Don't miss

Revealing sad news – Michael Schumacher has lost

The public knows very little about Michael Schumacher's condition...

Shocking news: Bankruptcy costs 1,500 jobs at car factory

Just over half of all employees at Northvolt's bankrupt...

Stellantis regrets: HEMI series of V8s returns

The now-fired CEO Carlos Tavares put the HEMI series...

The hyped electric car has lost over 50 percent of its value

Rimac Nevera has set several world records. And all...

Wants to go to Denmark – car brand plummets after fatal accident

Chinese Xiaomi plans to sell its cars in Europe,...
Boosted Magazine
Boosted Magazine
Boosted in Denmark has over a million unique users, surpassing two million sessions, and accumulating over seven million page views each month, and our platforms has become a hub for automotive enthusiasts. Now you can enjoy our content in English too! Enjoy our free car news - every day. Want to talk to us? Write an email to boosted@boostedmagazine.com
spot_img

Tuner transforms new Suzuki into iconic Renault Turbo 5

Japanese DAMD transforms your Suzuki Jimny with new styling kits. Make it look like a Renault 5 Turbo or Lancia Delta Integrale from the...

Popular Tesla CEO resigns – stock plummets

Tesla's software chief David Lau is reportedly leaving the company after 13 years. At the same time, Tesla's stock price fell significantly by 10...

How 3 points will save Volvo from bankruptcy

Håkan Samuelsson returns as CEO of Volvo Cars. His experience will help secure the electric car future, increase Geely synergy and reduce costs. Håkan...

Hydrogen car named after Danish city survives

Hyundai is betting again on the Nexo hydrogen car. It will have a range of 700 kilometers and a new design inspired by other...

Formula 1 team in trouble – forced to sell

Formula 1 team Aston Martin needs money. But so does the car brand. That is now triggering a partial sale of the business. Lawrence...

Michael Schumacher's perhaps most famous Ferrari is up for sale

Since Michael Schumacher's horrific skiing accident back in 2013, a good portion of the star's collection has been sold. Now his winning car from...

Left the electric car for 6 months – this is what happened

Cars never benefit from being idle for long periods of time. Electric cars are no exception. After 6 months, even Tesla doesn't know what...

McLaren ready to drop special status in the automotive industry

Under director Nick Collins, McLaren will transform itself. With capital from Abu Dhabi, the brand will become a broader luxury brand with more car...

Unexpected method forces drivers to drive slowly

It looks so strange that the authorities have had to assure that it's not an April Fool's joke with the twisted stripes on the...

Volvo receives criticism: Diesel ban may have cost 70 percent

Aktiespararna questions Volvo's focus on electric cars after another major share price drop. Was the decision to drop diesel cars premature in light of...

Ford recalls over 4,000 flammable gasoline vehicles

Ford is now recalling over 4,000 gasoline cars because they are equipped with the brand's 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine, which is flammable. Ford is...

Desperate Audi? Selling Le Mans car with V12 diesel engine

Audi is short of money. And now they are trying to make their motorsport division, Audi Sport, pay the price by selling off legendary...