Sunday, April 6, 2025

Jeremy Clarkson: "I'm fat, old and out of shape"

Clarkson, Hammond and May left "The Grand Tour" last November. A car program they have created themselves.

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are done. At least with the car program "The Grand Tour".

The trio said this back in November last year. And it actually happened quite shortly after the BBC announced that Top Gear, which the three have also hosted, is parked indefinitely.

In an interview with The Times , Jeremy Clarkson now explains why the trio pulled the plug.

– We have done everything you can do with a car. When we met to discuss what to do next, people just threw their arms up in the air.

READ ALSO: Had access to Schumacher but was suddenly removed

However, the fact that the ideas are drying up is far from the only reason why the streaming service Amazon Prime now has a car program without hosts.

For Jeremy Clarkson, age also plays a role. He does not hide his own – partly lacking physique – as part of the reason.

– The program is extremely physically demanding, and when you are in bad shape and fat and old, as I am, then camping in Mauritania is an effort.

– We have spent more time in each other's company than with our families over the past 25 years. And I don't think it would have lasted as long as it did if we hated each other as much as James thinks we do, says Clarkson.

In the same interview, however, Jeremy Clarkson also admits that he disagrees with his friends in other areas. At least James May.

– James May believes that there has never been a more interesting time (than right now, ed.) to make a car programme, and he is probably right, but I don't think it is very interesting television, says Clarkson.

Latest

Don't miss

Nobody wants a new Volvo – has sold 33 cars

Volvo's biggest car ever is also the biggest disappointment...

Shocking news: Bankruptcy costs 1,500 jobs at car factory

Just over half of all employees at Northvolt's bankrupt...

Chinese Xpeng booms ahead – sets new sales record

Chinese electric car manufacturer Xpeng ended 2024 with a...

New Schumacher? Ferrari signs contract with 13-year-old boy

They are getting younger and younger. Also in motorsport,...

31 percent of Danes will never buy a Tesla

Just a few months ago, 8 percent of Danes...
Boosted Magazine
Boosted Magazine
Boosted in Denmark has over a million unique users, surpassing two million sessions, and accumulating over seven million page views each month, and our platforms has become a hub for automotive enthusiasts. Now you can enjoy our content in English too! Enjoy our free car news - every day. Want to talk to us? Write an email to boosted@boostedmagazine.com
spot_img

Tuner transforms new Suzuki into iconic Renault Turbo 5

Japanese DAMD transforms your Suzuki Jimny with new styling kits. Make it look like a Renault 5 Turbo or Lancia Delta Integrale from the...

Popular Tesla CEO resigns – stock plummets

Tesla's software chief David Lau is reportedly leaving the company after 13 years. At the same time, Tesla's stock price fell significantly by 10...

How 3 points will save Volvo from bankruptcy

Håkan Samuelsson returns as CEO of Volvo Cars. His experience will help secure the electric car future, increase Geely synergy and reduce costs. Håkan...

Hydrogen car named after Danish city survives

Hyundai is betting again on the Nexo hydrogen car. It will have a range of 700 kilometers and a new design inspired by other...

Formula 1 team in trouble – forced to sell

Formula 1 team Aston Martin needs money. But so does the car brand. That is now triggering a partial sale of the business. Lawrence...

Michael Schumacher's perhaps most famous Ferrari is up for sale

Since Michael Schumacher's horrific skiing accident back in 2013, a good portion of the star's collection has been sold. Now his winning car from...

Left the electric car for 6 months – this is what happened

Cars never benefit from being idle for long periods of time. Electric cars are no exception. After 6 months, even Tesla doesn't know what...

McLaren ready to drop special status in the automotive industry

Under director Nick Collins, McLaren will transform itself. With capital from Abu Dhabi, the brand will become a broader luxury brand with more car...

Unexpected method forces drivers to drive slowly

It looks so strange that the authorities have had to assure that it's not an April Fool's joke with the twisted stripes on the...

Volvo receives criticism: Diesel ban may have cost 70 percent

Aktiespararna questions Volvo's focus on electric cars after another major share price drop. Was the decision to drop diesel cars premature in light of...

Ford recalls over 4,000 flammable gasoline vehicles

Ford is now recalling over 4,000 gasoline cars because they are equipped with the brand's 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine, which is flammable. Ford is...

Desperate Audi? Selling Le Mans car with V12 diesel engine

Audi is short of money. And now they are trying to make their motorsport division, Audi Sport, pay the price by selling off legendary...